Wednesday 5 October 2011

New shoooooes.......

Looking out of the window at about 5 pm and seeing the wind and rain you have to wonder why exactly do we do these things. That and the gathering gloom I really thought I could just as easily drive home and save myself the bother of changing into lycra and then braving the elements. But idiocy prevailed in the end and I decided that I would cycle home, that and with the overwhelming urge to use my new cycling shoes.

So kitted out with the new shoes I gave them an inaugural outing, I should really say soaking over the 24 miles home.

Guess I can't take them back now.

These shoes are so silver they make me feel like an extra in a bad sci-fi move



The journey home was remarkably uneventful as there seemed to be a total absence of drivers who's sole intention is to collide with or harass any cyclist.

The only real excitement was the decent down Morlaix Avenue, Truro being very wet I was not quite brave enough to attempt it a full tilt. Normally in the dry I can reach about 45mph before having to dodge the 2 manhole covers on the left hand sweeping bend. Not today as it was very slippy under foot wheel so the brakes got fair bit of use.

If you are interested in the stats of my ride follow the link here Endomondo Cycling Workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment