Sunday 25 September 2011

How was your weekend?

When did your weekend begin?

Mine began at about 6:30 Friday evening I arrive home to find no one at home, odd I thought but maybe they have just nipped out. Just as I put the key in the door my wife's car draws up with daughter sitting on back seat with her left arm in what looks to be a sling. It turns out they have just returned from the local minor injuries unit with a suspected broken wrist.

Well a 30 minute drive later and we are all in the Royal Cornwall Hospital, then follows a four hour stint in A & E and we have a confirmed broken wrist on an 8 year old.



They went to the local skate park so she could try out her new scooter that she got for her birthday on Wednesday, I'll leave you to guess what happened next. The irony is that I am the one that would normally take her to somewhere like that.

But wait, the timing could not have been better as she is having a birthday party at home on Sunday for 11 of her friends. So Saturday is spent trying to play catch up from Friday night.

Somehow, eventually everything comes together and we have a house full of 7 year old girls for what seems like an eternity but is only actually 2 hours, my brain still hurts from the noise.

The aftermath.......



But the guests went home happy with cake and party bags

So much for a Saturday ride out.... I guess there is always next weekend......

No comments:

Post a Comment