Wednesday 21 September 2011

D'Oh

Ever had one of those D'Oh moments? The ones where you realise that you have missed something fundamental. Well it happened to me today as I was cycling the 24 miles home I was about halfway into the journey when I happened to me.

Let me set the scene, I take part in car share with a Karl and we also pick Vanessa up on the way to work as well. Except on a Wednesday's when I take my daughter to school. On these days I take my bike in to work and cycle home then getting a lift in the next day.

Today was no exception with the small fact that I forgot that Karl is on holiday tomorrow for two weeks. So I finish work and proceed to cycle home then at about the halfway mark it dawns on me that I have left my car at work and with Karl on holiday there is no chance of a lift in tomorrow as Vanessa does not own a car either.

One apologetic call to Vanessa later and it looks like we are both catching the train into work tomorrow,  she saw the funny side.

On the plus side I did set a personal best for the cycle home completing the journey in 1 hour 20 mins, knocking 2 minuites off my previous best time.

You can see my stats for this ride and a map of the journey by clicking on the link below.

Endomondo Cycling Workout: was out cycling 38.11 km in 1h:20m:08s using Endomondo.

I would be interested in knowing what you think of this and how it compares.

Please feel free to comment about my cycling or anything within this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment